Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Prayer Letter #4

Far Away and In the Future

As most of you know, I am presently working as an Associate Missionary with OMF in the National Office as the Serve Asia Administrator.  This is the Discipleship program that sends out Short Term Workers to East Asia.  I am loving this position (most days J).  However, this is not the long term goal for me.
I am appointed to the Mekong Team in North Thailand to work long-term in the future.  I have been writing that phrase so much that in many ways it seems to be so far away and such a long time in the future.  But the future has a way of catching up with you when you least expect it.
In March I had the opportunity to visit Chiang Mai (where I will be located) to meet the people and to get an idea of what my role will be.  Suddenly, Thailand does not seem so far away at all.  I immediately fell in love with this country and the people.  It was an experience that I am so grateful for and one I will never forget.  You can follow my blog for more stories and information on my trip.  I will be writing in more detail both there and in the coming months about my trip.
So Thailand is not so far away but it is still a long time in the future, right?  When I returned from Asia on April 4th I received word from the Candidate Department about the deadlines for the coming year or so.  Being an Appointee with OMF means that there are certain things that need to be done by specific times in order for you to move to the next step.  Some clearances (that’s what they call approvals) have already been done but others are still in the process.
For example, I have already received partial Medical Clearance and the rest will be done this winter.  But there are still things that need to get done. The big ones are the two Support Clearances.
Prayer Support: I am now at 97 Confirmed Prayer Supporters.  OMF requires that I have 100 but I am striving for more.  If you would like to be on that list please let me know.
Financial Support:  As of my April report I am at 12.26% of my total support figure.  I have a long way to go but I am praying and trusting God that He has a plan.  Please pray that I am able to be patient and willing to let Him be in charge without stressing too much about it.

COUNTDOWN!!!                       
Ecclesiastes 3:1
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens”
OMF has times for things too... like Deadlines for Registration!  In order for me to attend the Orientation Course (before heading to my Language study) I need to have ALL of my Clearances.  I am praying, planning and hoping to be attending OC in July of 2013.  In order for me to be allowed to attend this OC I need to have clearance by MAY 1, 2013. 
This means that I have 1 Year to get everything in order.  If you know me at all you will realize that I am stressing about this somewhat.  I know that God is in total control and He knows how and when things will come into being.  I am working on putting my trust in Him completely each day.  Some days are better than others of course.  Please pray for me and for God’s Will to be done.
Presentations and Speaking Opportunities
If you, your Church or anyone you know would be interested in hearing about my ministry, the Serve Asia Program or the work in East Asia, please feel free to contact me to set up a time.  I would love to meet with you and share.
Praise Items

*      God gave me safe travels and a wonderful time in Thailand

*      I had a wonderful vacation time with my family

*      I was able to have really good interactions at MissionsFest.

*      For the 28 Serve Asia Workers that are approved at the present.

*      For my wonderful supports and Friends
Prayer Items
*      For the Serve Asia Training that will be taking place on May 18th and 19th.

*      For the 6 SAWs that will be at the training.

*      That I will have patience as I wait for God’s will to be done.
*   For my Clearances to come in on time

 
OMF International, 5155 Spectrum Way, Bldg. 21, Mississauga, ON. L4W 5A1
Toll Free: 1(888) 657-8010
Jen Oates, 20 Graydon Hall Drive, Apt. 414, Toronto, ON, M3A 2Z9
Cell: 647-223-3952

Skype: jen.oates7,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment